At Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., we recognize the value of our associates. Therefore, we place great importance in managing your information in accordance with our basic belief of respect for the individual.
WalmartOne.com collects information about you directly from you, automatically through your interaction with the site, and from third parties. WalmartOne.com is not intended for children under 13 years of age and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Information Collected from You
We collect information from you when you visit WalmartOne.com. For example:
- We may collect personal information about you when you sign up for an account, enroll in benefits, or create a profile. Information we collect may include your name, email address, date of hire, date of birth, Social Security number, interests, hobbies, videos, pictures, or other personal information you choose to provide.
- You may also choose to provide personal information when you add information to your profile, post a message, comment on the site, contact customer service, or send a message to another user, the site administrator, or other recipient.
- We collect information from you, such as name, address, and payment information when you place an order through the Spark Shop. The Spark Shop allows associates to purchase Walmart branded items through the WalmartOne.com website.
- We also may collect information about you when you respond to polls or install widgets.
Information Collected Automatically
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may collect information from third-party service providers. We may also receive some information about you from other sources such as third-party websites that link to this site, described in the Links section below.
Your information may be used for the following purposes:
- The information you provide for your profile is primarily used to facilitate your interaction with other users on the site, for example allowing other associates to communicate with you.
- We may use your information to provide the services you request, for example to provide benefits enrollment, to respond to an e-mail you send to us, or to provide you with communications you have requested.
- We may use your contact addresses (like email address) to communicate important information about the site or your benefits. We may also send you information about Walmart programs and will provide you the opportunity to approve or decline such messages.
- We may have access to your information to correct problems with your account.
- We use aggregate information, whether collected from mywalmart.com or third-party sites linked from mywalmart.com, to make site improvements or to track usage.
We do not rent or sell information to third parties. Your information may be disclosed in the following ways.
- You may choose to share your information with other associates through your profile, postings, or other communications.
- We may share your information among all of the Walmart family of companies.
- We may share your information with service providers that help with our website operations or to provide the services you request, such as purchases through the Spark Shop.
- We may share information we believe is necessary to comply with the law, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or to protect the personal safety, property, or other rights of Walmart, its customers, or associates.
- In the unlikely event that some or all of Walmart assets are sold or transferred to a new owner, your information may be transferred to the new owner.
You have several choices with respect to your information.
- You can modify most information in your WalmartOne.com profile at any time; however, some information in your profile cannot be changed. For example, although you can change your first name, you cannot change your last name in your profile.
- You may choose to make your profile "private," in which case other users will not be able to see your profile. If your profile is marked as "private," you will be able to access content on the site. However, you may not be able to post any content to the site.
- Once you post content, you cannot modify the content unless you contact the site administrator.
- You will have access to your benefit choices. You may choose to modify these choices through the enrollment process or throughout the year as defined by enrollment guidelines. Please see the Associates Benefits Book.
WalmartOne.com partners with Capitol Advantage to provide associates the ability to research issues, communicate with candidates and elected officials, and share information about issues, candidates, and elected officials with friends. The personal information Walmart may receive from this provider is limited to the following: (1) when you choose to post a story to be viewed by other associates; (2) when you choose to provide your information to become an advocate through the Action E-List; (3) when content is reported as inappropriate by another user or recipient as outlined in the monitoring section; and (4) when it is legally required to be disclosed, such as by court order. In addition, Capitol Advantage may provide to Walmart aggregate information about the usage of the site that does not identify you personally. Aside from these limited purposes, Walmart does not receive personal information from Capitol Advantage. For example, if you send correspondence to a legislator through Capitol Advantage, Walmart would not receive a copy of that correspondence.
WalmartOne.com partners with several other websites to provide additional content for our associates. These links are provided for informational purposes as a service to you. We welcome you to read the privacy policies on these sites to understand the sites privacy and security practices. Examples of these links include:
- Volunteer Match provides information about volunteer opportunities to Walmart associates. You may provide your information to VolunteerMatch to register for these volunteer opportunities. Volunteer Match provides information, such as name and number of hours volunteered, back to Walmart to enable Walmart to track participation in the volunteer programs that this website facilitates. Volunteer Match may provide to Walmart aggregate information about the usage of the site that does not identify you personally.
- WalmartOne.com also provides links to other sites operated by the Walmart family of companies, such as Walmart.com or Samsclub.com.
Security of Information
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect your information. You can also take steps to protect your information. For example, do not share your username or password with anyone. WalmartOne.com will not ask you for your sensitive information, such as your Social Security number, in an unsolicited telephone call or e-mail.
Communicating Policy Changes